Saturday, August 22, 2015

Repeat Yourself!


   Happy Saturday!!! I hope you are having a great week.  My family and I just returned from vacation.  We took a trip down to Williamsburg Virginia and then over to Ocean City Maryland.  We had a fantastic time, and while vacation is always fun, home is where my heart is. Today we are chilling and relaxing at home and trying to get back in the swing of things.
   Before we left for vacation, I created this journal page for this weeks Stampotique Originals Designers challenge.  This weeks challenge is being hosted by Sam Read and here is what she has to say: "I recently read that the human eye likes things that are repeated, so for this weeks challenge I'm inviting you to use some sort of repetition on your creations. A stamp stamped more than once or even your own doodling, it's up to you but most importantly have fun!"
 Since the end of my semester, I have been back on pinterest exploring other peoples amazing artistic talents, and I continued to see amazing journal pages by Nika in Wonderland and I just had to try one of her You tube tutorials and this the end result of mine. I love that she used both acrylic paints and Dylusion sprays on the same page, as these are my two favorite mediums, and since this challenge was to repeat yourself, I thought the continues circles would work great. I used Curlz, which is one of Kate Crane's new stamps and part of Stampotiques new stamp release. This was a fun journal page to create and I hope you like it. Hope on over to the Designers challenge to see what the rest of the DT created for this weeks challenge.
Make sure to visit the Stampotique Designers challenge on Monday Aug. 24 as we will be having a blog hop featuring the new release images-and maybe a few additional chances at some goodies. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: