Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #56 & some info!!!


Happy Sunday!!! What a great weekend it has been. Friday Night I went out to dinner with my family and Saturday we did some yard work and the kids played outside ALL DAY, and then Hubby & I watched a movie and today I am headed to a all day stamping event with friends. Hopefully, I will do more stamping than talking :). The weather here in New England has been FABULOUS...I love the first signs of spring, The lilacs are blooming, the grass is getting greener, the kids are riding their bikes, and there is nothing better than sitting on my deck just taking it all in .....ahhhh.....

So, onto my card (hehehe)... todays
card was inspired by the cupcake pic to the right. You may be thinking "really Kristen, your card looks nothing like that", and you're right, it doesn't, but as I have said in past post, it is a "inpiration photo", not a copy picture (hehehe). So, what did I draw from this pic? The pink (I went bright), the brown drizzle (I made her hair brown), and the polka dots on the candle (I used polka dotted paper). As you see, sometimes I will use the whole photo, and sometimes I will draw inspiration from parts of the photo. That is what makes inspiration challenges FUN!
For my card, I used The Greeting Farm, WS Ruby, and some left over scrap paper. I am trying REAL hard to use what I have and that means scraps! I also used my new butterfly punch from Martha Stewart!!!

Ok, I said I had a cupcake challenge and SOME INFO. Well, It is with a heavy heart that I announce that the Hope Stamps Eternal store is closing. Unfortunately, another victim of the economy's downturn. But before the doors close, there will be a storewide sale of 35% while supplies last. The store is full of amazing items, so head over there fast!

Do you love this cupcake? Wanna play in the challenge with us? We would love to have you.If you do, be sure to link your creation to Mr. Linky on the HSE Blog and use CIC56 when uploading to online galleries. Every week, Rachel highlights the top 5!!

Want some inspiration? Check out the amazing cards the DT created.


Rachel - Hope Stamps Eternal
Colleen - Glitter Ink
Teresa - Enjoy the VA Sunshine
Karen - The Sweetest Thing
Piali - Touch of Creation
Kelli - Yard Sale Kind of Luck

Well, I am off to stamp. I hope you have a great weekend and happy creating!

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Oh, you know I wish I were there to stamp with you & your buddies :-) Great card, love the paper you picked for it with this image!

Sparkplug17 said...

This is so cute!

Rachel Hope said...

Awwww, adorable!!!!