Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hopes Stamps Eternal Cup Cake Challenge #45




Happy Sunday!!!!! Wow, I hardly ever post a card on Sundays, but today is a SPECIAL day! It is my very first time joining Rachel and team in HSE cupcake inspiration challenge. This is a great type of challenge for me, as it is not my "typical" challenge, and forces me a bit out of my comfort zone.
Today's Cupcake inspiration was chosen by Lori King
. On my card today, I drew inspiration from the colors on from this weeks Cupcake. I used my new Madelyn stamp from the Greeting Farm, and combined that with Basic Greys new Sugar Rush designer paper, and for the first time, I used these sweet blossom flowers on my card. Do you think I went overboard?


Not only was my card made for HSE's cupcake challenge, but I also had a very special thank you card in mind. You see, while I was in CHA, I had the chance to meet Diana Crick (The owner of Scor-pal, and Magnolia-licous). She is just the sweetest women, and oh so funny. She had treated a few of us to dinner and I just wanted to thank her for being so wonderful and sweet. She is a very creative women, I hope she likes my card, even know it's not Magnolia (hehehe).


I did want to share one more very special card with you. My daughter Abbey wanted to play along with me yesterday, so I stamped her an image and even let her use my copics (I know, I got weak). I think all in all, she did a really good job. Not so bad for a 8yr old little girl. She will be very excited when she sees it on my blog (Good job Doodle Bug)!

Well, that is all for me today. We would love to have you play along this week! Make sure to add a direct link to your NEW creation on Mr Linky on the HSE challenge blog by Saturday, Feb 13th at 9 pm MT. If you upload to a public gallery like SCS or PCP make sure to use keyword CIC44 so we can easily find you. Remember, no cupcake stamps are required!

If you would like to check out what the rest of the very talented HSE DT came up with, you can see their cards here.
Kelli Caslow
Piali Biswas
Teresa Kline

Have a great day and Happy Creating!

14 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous....I am luvin the details....perfect....have a wonderful day!

BTW, there is no "h" in my name, thanks!

enjoy *~*

Colleen Wold said...

Gorgeous card, Kristen!! I love all the layering and papers! The embellishments are fab too! WELCOME TO THE TEAM! :)
PS - Your daughter's card is adorable! Great job on the coloring!

Peggy said...

I do not think this is over the top. You did a great job. I have this stamp and love it. Abbey did a great job too. Like Mother, Like Daughter!!

Ida said...

Oh I think your card is lovely. Those flowers are so pretty and go so well with your papers.
Abbey's card is cute too. I love it when kids want to participate with us.

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey there girlie! This is FABULOUS!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those Zva pink roses and your coloring on Madelyn is perfect! Hugs to you,

Pia said...

Okay, both cards are GREAT! Your coloring is perfect!

Basement Stamper said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, you did a fantastic job on the colors. I think Diana will love it!!

Abby's cards is adorable, she is definitely taking after her Mom!

Michelle Quinno said...

Kristen, that is gorgeous!!! You didn't go overboard at all. Love that image.

Abbey did a great job! Much better than I do!!

Kristine said...

Hi Kristen!! :) How are ya girly? Love your cute cute card! I just discovered how to do that rugged distressed look with the paper and LOOVE IT! My new favorite technique. Great job with your DP and gorgeous flowers! Thanks so much for stopping by today *Ü*

Kelli said...

Beautiful cards ladies! ;)

debbies said...

Great coloring!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Your card is beautiful!!! And your daughter did a great job coloring!

Hugs,
Iris

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh, NO you didn't go overboard! I think it's fabulous! The image is adorble and your colors and coloring are beautiful! Sugar Rush is my fav paper right now and the flowers look amazing! I can't believe that cupcake! WOW! And your take on the challenge is a bit WOW too!!! hugs!

Mary C said...

I think this card is perfect Kristen! I wouldn't say it is over the top. I love that new paper and the ribbon and flower are beautiful with the image. Diana will love it!
Abbey's card is so cute, boy has she come a long in her papercrafting! Better start buying doubles of everything!